how we work
Lost and Found are committed to working in an open and honest way and always with a Client's best interest at heart. It is important to us to provide a duty of care throughout a project, guiding and supporting you, every step of the way.
We have developed a process map to highlight the stages involved, in an interior design project. This is inline with RIBA's (Royal Institute of British Architects) plan of work stages. Here is a simplified version, however we will bring the more detailed map to our initial meeting.
At our initial meeting, we will explore the scope of the project, discuss Client requirements and review budgets and time frames.
Lost and Found Interiors will write, summarising the design brief, project deliverable, timescales and include a fee proposal.
Once appointed, we will visit site to survey or check measurements against an already surveyed plan.
There are 4 main stages in a project. The following details, what to expect from each stage.
A complete Interior Design Service will involve all of these stages, however other interior service options ie a space planning or design exercie will fall under one stage.
Concept Design and Development and Spatial Planning
- produce of space planning and layout options, looking at flow and function and how to best make best use of the space.
- develop visual design concepts, mood-boards (images, inspiration and ideas)
- undertake design review with Client
- further develop plans and design proposals (include colour schemes and samples)
- undertake cost exercise to ensure proposals align with the project budget
Technical Design (including fixed and loose FF&E - Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment)
- prepare all design information, including drawings, specifications, schedules
- oversee the tender process and support the Client with main contractor appointment and any sub contractor appointments
- sign off final design and budget with the client.
Manufacturing and Construction
- monitor progress against construction programme
- inspect work and check compliance with design information and quality
- resolve site queries as they arise
- co-ordinate snagging list and rectification
- complete loose FF&E installation and styling
- hand the project over to the Client
- review project performance